JOB ID: 500
This position will work as part of a newly funded program providing Housing and Support Services to chronically homeless individuals residing in the City of San Jose. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary ACT team, the Associate Director position is responsible for leading, directing and supervising staff who are providing field-based, outreach, case management, mental health services, and housing location and retention services to clients enrolled in the program. The Associate Director will provide a level of clinical expertise to support staff with addressing the individualized needs of individuals experiencing chronic homelessness and mental health/ substance use and chronic health conditions.
This position will ensure services are strengths based, focused on reducing functional, health, mental health and substance use barriers to housing stability ,community integration and overall wellness. This position will also ensure services are individualized, client centered, and designed to meet medical necessity, in addition to addressing functional impairment’s The Associate Director will work in collaboration with the San Jose Program Director to fulfill contract obligations, ensure high quality services are delivered meeting both client level and program outcomes, build relationships with key stakeholders in the community and overall lead the day to day operations of this newly funded program. This position will be stationed at PATH San Jose office, but work predominately and in the field, providing services in clients’ homes, shelters, on the streets, in health facilities, or wherever clients are residing throughout the City of San Jose. PATH encourages candidates with lived experience in homelessness, recovery from mental health, or substance use experience to apply.
- Must be available on Weekends
- Must be available in the evenings
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Lead and facilitate daily programmatic operations of the San Jose ACT team. These programmatic functions will include, but are not limited to: providing clinical and programmatic guidance/ case consultation, problem solve with staff creative and individualized interventions to best meet the needs of clients serviced, lead daily ACT team to determine and organize tasks of day and respond to crisis from previous day and provide documentation guidance and coaching as needed to ensure services are meeting medical necessity criteria for mental health.
- Supervise team of staff of various educational and experience backgrounds
- Perform administrative duties as required per contract, Medi-Cal billing and other funding sources
- Complete funding and program level reports on a regular and as needed basis, analyze data to ensure program and client level outcomes are met, assessed and flexibly adjust program level interventions and services where needed to achieve desired outcomes
- Work in collaboration with San Jose Director to continually assess, develop and enhance programming as it relates to ACT team
- Provide consultation to staff and direct conduct crisis and suicide risk assessments. Provide appropriate interventions alongside direct line staff and complete critical incident reporting as required per contract
- and PATH policies
- Provides consultation and direct coverage to the 24/7 After Hours Response phone line as needed
- Facilitate intentional case management supports that move the client from a high intensive level of service to a more independent, recovery-focused level of service
- Collaborate with coworkers and community partners as needed in order to deliver quality and uninterrupted services
- Attend and participate in all meetings and assigned trainings
- Maintain documentation standards as set forth by the program contract, HIPAA standards, and PATH policies
- Ensures that documentation and outreach efforts allow for PATH to bill for services rendered to each
- Veteran assigned to case load
- Complete progress notes on every face to face/ telephone contact with client or collateral contact by the next business day at 5pm