Plans, organizes and provides social services to patients and families; Assesses the patient's family/social support system and identify any psychosocial/actors which may impact the patient's hospitalization or discharge; assists in the coordination of patient care through consultation with all other members of the healthcare team; and strives to identify resources that will facilitate a transition to assure completion of the continuum of care..
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Responsible for assessing the psychosocial and discharge planning needs of patients admitted to the facilities on the CHRISTUS St. Michael.
3. Responsible for the implementation of the discharge plan and referral to appropriate services in the community.
4. Aids patients and their families from a variety of cultural backgrounds with personal & environmental problems which complicate illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical care.
5. Serve as a resource to hospital staff and assists the health care team in recognizing needs of patients as they are influenced by psychosocial, environmental and financial factors.
6. Documentation is accurate, concise and timely.