General Purpose: Provide care and treatment of clients. They are charged with creating a therapeutic environment where clients can grow, change, and thrive. Their ability to build therapeutic alliances with the clients, families, and members of the treatment team is of the utmost importance.
What I’m Responsible For (Essential Functions): The following statements regarding this exempt level position consist of duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages describing the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee filling this position. These statements are not exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the treatment team including Crisis Care Professionals (CCPs) and serve as a liaison between the crisis center and the Clinical Leadership Team. Solicits input from CCPs or others for client assessments.
- Follow the American Counseling Association Code of Ethics and/or the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics.
- Manage a variety of crisis situations (suicide threat/attempt, physical fight between clients, alleged abuse/neglect of a client, agency-wide safety threat, etc.) as the On-Call Administrator (which includes the requirement to respond to agency emergencies within 20 minutes).
- Provide individual and family therapy on a frequency determined by the unique needs of each client and his/her family and provide group therapy as needed.
- Work with a diverse population with varying treatment needs and provide relevant clinical recommendations.
- Use strengths-based, treatment oriented, and professional communication while providing accurate and efficient case management.
- Develop a Master Treatment Plan including goal work that uses SMART principles. Assumes ultimate responsibility for all case management, even tasks that are delegated to others.
- Complete duties normally associated with supervision; e.g. hiring, scheduling, training, mentoring/coaching, recognition, disciplinary action, and performance reviews.
- Performs on-call duties when assigned and follows applicable laws, policy, and procedures.
- Navigate through and accurately complete all required clinical documentation of treatment plans, treatment and utilization reviews, individual counseling, family counseling activities, and group therapy using the agency documentation system.
- Safeguard client, staff, agency information according to HIPAA and other laws, regulations, and policy relating to confidentiality.
- Participate in physical holds of clients when necessary.
- Accurately performs administrative requirements according to federal, state, agency requirements. Doesn’t lapse in required training and/or certifications.
- Communicate thoroughly and professionally with staff, clients, families, community, and agency leadership. Attend, lead, and contribute in meetings as needed.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal and external departments/individuals on client issues.
- Maintain healthy boundaries with clients and families.
- Coordinate and perform supervised visitations for families.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and/or activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.