Job Title: Compass Rose Academy Therapist
Department: Residential Services – Compass Rose Academy
Qualifications: Must have a Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or psychology and must be licensed by the State of Indiana as a LMHC, LCSW, or HSPP. Depending on the assignment, additional experience and specialized credentialing and/or licensing may be required in the areas of Substance Abuse or Sexually Maladaptive behavior. Training and experience in a psychodynamic psychotherapy model and one year of residential/social service experience is preferred. Must be able to professionally and effectively integrate faith and psychology. Must be trained, or willing to be trained, in Trauma Focused – Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
Reports to: Compass Rose Academy Director
Job Summary: Provide treatment oversight and direction including matters related to assessment and treatment planning/review for residential youths. Complete clinical assessments, progress reports, and direct clinical services for assigned youth. Maintain active and ongoing communication with parents and Educational Consultants (in applicable cases). Assist with staff development activities related to mental health diagnoses and treatment provision within the framework of Compass Rose Academy’s Growth Model as well as TF-CBT. The therapist must demonstrate sensitivity to the service population religious, cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
Primary Performance Factors
- Complete individual, group and family therapy per treatment plans and as scheduled
- Assist with Parent Group and Parent Weekend trainings/activities
- Provide crisis response for residential program (join rotation of therapists to respond for suicide/self-harm emergencies)
- Complete Clinical Services Assessments to provide provisional DSM diagnoses for clients
- Complete Clinical Services Treatment Plans
- Complete Clinical Services prior authorizations for services
- Complete Service Note Documentation
- Complete Compass Rose Academy Treatment Plan and Progress Reports
- Complete Critical Incident Reports when necessary
- Assist with Compass Rose Academy program development research, planning and implementation
- Consumer Relations
- Communicate with parents, Educational Consultants, and other external consumers/consultants
- Coordinate Treatment Planning Meetings
- Oversee scheduled Treatment Review Meetings for assigned youths as needed
- Participate with staff development activities relating to mental health diagnoses and treatment provision
- Provide input into Houseparent performance evaluations
* Living on campus is optional and dependent upon the needs of the therapist and organization. Therapist must live within 15 minutes of campus if they do not reside on campus.
* Normal work hours will be Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. four days and 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. one day. Additional flexibility may be needed to meet changing needs of the organization.
* Must be available for quarterly Parent Weekends.
* Must be available for monthly Saturday morning Parent Group, six times per year.
* Clinical on call as scheduled by supervisor.
* Must attend work regularly and be on time.
* Must be able to work with residents' medical problems....including exposure to bodily fluids.
Physical Demands of Position
* Must be able to actively participate in the physical restraint of students who are in crisis (expected to meet the requirements of MindSet restrictive interventions).
* Must be able to handle the stress of intervening in crisis situations, handling medical emergencies, and making decisions quickly.
* Must be able to do significant walking.
* Must be able to respond 24 hours a day and receive phone calls in relationship to youth served.