Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
8:00am-2:30pm; .8/64 horus per pay period
Summary – Outpatient/Inpatient Oncology Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
We are seeking a specialized oncology social worker (LCSW) with strong clinical skillswho understands the unique ongoing psychosocial impact of cancer on patients and families' emotional and financial stability, relationships, and changes in lifestyle throughout the cancer continuum (diagnosis, treatment, life after cancer, and supportive/palliative care) Providing psychosocial assessments with social, emotional and environmental interventions, the social worker collaborates for optimal patient and family outcomes. The social worker also conducts individual, family and group therapy sessions.
This is an exciting and unique position that works with oncology patients on both the Inpatient and Outpatient side of care.
- Completes psychosocial assessment (appropriate to patient type and reason for referral) to assist team in development of a care plan. Obtains information basic to psychosocial assessment and information related to diagnosis/treatment experiences, age, developmental stage, life style, cultural and spiritual considerations, personality (traits/disorders), psychopathology, strengths and coping skills. Interprets significance of assessment information to patient/family ability to utilize/benefit from care.
- Provides targeted intervention for identified patients.
- Identifies, based on psychosocial assessment, problems/issues for intervention and outcomes desired. Chooses and utilizes appropriate intervention/counseling techniques. Accesses internal and external resources on patients' behalf. Measures interventions against expected outcomes and modifies as indicated.
- Provides education/consultation to patient/family, treatment team and community. Communicates psychosocial impact of diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment interventions. Adapts communication to needs/level of understanding of audience. Determines comprehension and need for repetition, revision of methods.
- Maintains timely documentation, statistical and data reports. Consistently meets department and UCH documentation standard. Integrates practice and institutional expectations. Aligns professional with department and institutional goals.
- Complies with standards, policy/procedure, law and regulation. Identifies need for professional growth and seeks appropriate professional development opportunities. Contributes to program development designed to meet joint goals. Provides timely continuing care planning. Conducts functional assessment and based on outcome, collaboratively develops appropriate continuing care plan.
- Utilizes intervention techniques to support patient/family acceptance of plan. Facilitates referral, confirms resources and implements plan within Length of Stay/contact. Actively collaborates with case management and health care team in identification of outcome indicators, in data collection and analysis and in subsequent system improvement.
- Contributes to case management outcomes measurement and/or develops social work specific outcome indicators. Accesses and/or collects and analyzes data. Initiates system improvement based on analysis and evaluates outcome. Maintains consistent collaborative focus in all activity. Identifies and involves key stakeholders in activities. Respects roles and professional boundaries of others. Develops and maintains positive staff relationships.
- Maintains positive behaviors, approaches, attitude and commitment to interpersonal service toward patients, visitors, and co-workers. Follows through with assigned roles and activities. Provides individual and/or family therapy for identified patients. Identifies, based on psychosocial assessment, problems/issues for intervention and outcomes desired.
- Develops effective working relationship with patient and/or family (engagement, collaboration, advocacy, problem solving). Able to use self in a differential, therapeutic way to remedy case-related conflicts.
Requirements(education, licensures, certification):
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- 2 years of' experience in a human services agency
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required for UCH Central employees.
- Outpatient medical social work and/or oncology experience is STRONGLY preferred
- OSW-C certification is STRONGLY preferred
- Customer Service, Communication, Partnering, Problem-Solving. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent problem solving skills.