Providence is calling a Behavioral Health Intake Coordinator to the Physician Services Organization at Providence Behavior Medical Group in Anchorage, AK.
The Intake Coordinator will coordinate the screening and evaluation of patients as to appropriateness for assessment screenings and/or psychiatric diagnostic interviews to the Breakthrough program and Providence Behavioral Medicine Group.
In this position you will:
- Provide referrals to other appropriate sources of treatment if unable to assist.
- Ensure the provision of accessible, high quality, cost effective behavioral health services to meet the needs of those we serve.
- Be responsible for responding to all inquiries (telephone and walk-in) regarding possible admission to the program or outpatient clinic in a timely, customer-service orientated manner.
- Discuss financials and obtain clinical information from potential patients, clients, family members, referral representatives and mental health and medical professionals to determine appropriateness for scheduled assessment.
- Assign and coordinate intake evaluations with appropriate providers based on patient needs.
- Complete documentation based on the intake screening and provide it as a part of the patient's clinical record.
- Refer patients to other levels of care within the hospital, the outpatient programs, or to other providers or programs if treatment by Providence Breakthrough or Providence Behavioral Medicine Group is not appropriate or feasible.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology or related behavioral health discipline
- Assessment and/or crisis intervention experience
- Working knowledge of substance abuse treatment and behavioral health treatment
- An understandof the medical consequences of substance dependence as well as the management of dual diagnosis patients
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 154390