Providence is calling a Mental Health Specialist to the Providence Residential Treatment Department in Anchorage, AK.
The Mental Health Specialist works with other members of MHS staff to provide clerical and admitting support, student care through assisting the nursing and clinical staff in unit functions, including documentation, physical care, and therapeutic interventions with students.
In this position you will:
- Continuously monitor all students. Provide structure and safety by setting limits and developing therapeutic rapport with the students.
- Co-facilitate group therapy as well as addresses treatment issues identified on the treatment plan.
- Provide input to treatment team regarding identification of clinical problems for individual students.
- Document assessments, interventions, and activities related to student's treatment plan.
- Actively solicit parents and family members to become part of the treatment process.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree Psychology, Social Work, or related field.
- Requires knowledge of mental health issues (both theory and practice), crisis intervention techniques, assessment techniques, and understanding of family systems dynamics.
- Requires strong crisis intervention, assessment, interpersonal communication, and organizational skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BLS is preferred at the time of hire. Required within 60 days of hire.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Req ID: 152648