Job Posting: May 10, 2018, 8:42:18 PM Closing Date: May 25, 2018, 4:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:30 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:30 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: AFSCME 1111 Health and Hospital Systems Posting Salary: $18.84
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
The Community Health Worker (CHW) works under the supervision of the Community Based Social Work Care Coordinator (CBSWCC) to support the provision of care coordination services for Enrollees who are community based. These services are offered at the patient's home, physician office, and/or hospital stay throughout the County of Cook. The CHW helps the Enrollee navigate the health care delivery system, advocates on their behalf and works to reduce barriers that interfere with the Enrollee's ability to successfully interface with their medical home provider. Multiple positions
· Completes health risk screening assessments by asking the Enrollee questions and documenting the response.
· Provides education to Enrollees on ways to increase the benefits of health system interaction, i.e. call before medications run out, call medical home prior to going to the Emergency Department (ED) for non-life threatening issues, being prepared for provider visits.
· Performs supportive tasks for members such as scheduling appointments, referrals to community based resources and directions on how to access services and care, follows up with the Enrollee to close gaps in care.
· Works under direction of CBSWCC to link Enrollees to appropriate programs.
· Supports efforts to locate Enrollees. This may include calling Medical Homes, pharmacies, driving by last known address to place outreach materials, conduct online search using white pages, contacting healthcare providers for updated demographic information, etc.
· Utilizes health risk screenings to determine escalation to licensed clinical staff as determined by Care Coordination policy.
· High School Diploma or GED (must provide proof at time of interview)
· One (1) year of experience performing health risk screenings, providing health education or supporting linkages to community based resources for a health care organization or community based social service agency
· Valid Driver's license and mandatory vehicle insurance or other means of transportation (must provide proof at time of interview)
· Previous experience with software and computers, i.e. word processing, appointment scheduling, Microsoft Office
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
· Graduate of a Community Health Worker (CHW) Program
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
· Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
· Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County.
CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.
The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.