The Mental Health Worker, Inpatient BH, provides care to patients and maintains a safe environment under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Group and individual patient supervision, facilitation of educational group activities, assisting with ADL's (i.e., Feeding, bathing, toileting, ambulating, etc.) & taking and recording vital signs. All methods of practice shall conform to written hospital policies and procedures and be carried out to the highest level of competence in a manner demonstrating concern and consideration. The Mental Health Worker/Inpatient BH will demonstrate the Barnabas Health philosophy of Total Quality Management by actively applying that philosophy in all dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Health Related Field
- BLS Certification, EKG & Phlebotomy validation by the end of Orientation (will be trained)
- Minimum one year experience, training or education in the field of treatment preferred
- Must possess excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician, EMT, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, EKG Tech or equivalent; or in a patient care setting is helpful