Provides Social Services to Behavioral Health Services Department, conducts group counseling and lectures, participates in weekly clinical staffing sessions. Participates in referral development, community education and outreach activities, reviews emotional, behavioral and social assessments.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
1. Conducts individual assessments and provides counseling.
2. Discusses goals and objectives with patients families.
3. Focuses patient on clinical problems through timely intervention.
4. Documents progress notes clearly on individual records.
5. Conducts group counseling and lectures per program schedule.
6. Orients patients to group rules and goals
7. Conducts group in a timely manner.
8. Clearly documents group participation in progress notes.
9. Develops and utilizes audiovisual material
10. Stimulates participant discussions.
11. Participates in weekly clinical staffing sessions.
12. Assists treatment team in patient assessment.
13. Develops and update treatment plans.
14. Assists in discharge planning.
15. Participates in referral development. Community education and outreach activities.
16. Develops and makes educational presentations to community groups.
17. Provides timely feedback on patients to referral sources per referral source feedback criteria form.
18. Schedules and participates in back to work conferences for patients, when indicated or requested.
19. Reviews emotional, behavioral and social assessment and signs.
20. Identifies further assessments needed (psychological, vocational, etc.).
21. Insures that assessments are completed within established time frames.
22. Monitors treatment plans, groups and individual counseling, discharges and aftercare planning.
23. Assists Program Director with the management and operation of the department.
24. Assists the Program Director in screening, interviewing and evaluating counseling staff.
25. Assists Program Director in the establishment of department goals and objectives
26. Assist Program Director with program planning and development.
Louisiana BCSW preferred or Masters degree in mental health field.
2 years experience as a salaried (as opposed to volunteer) social worker with at least 1 year counseling experience in mental health field preferred.
Current CPI or certification within 90 days of employment
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.