Location: Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Mental Health/Social Services
At Lifepoint Behavioral Health, we specialize in compassionate behavioral health services, including crisis stabilization for acute mental health and substance use disorders. Our philosophy is built on a psychosocial model of care and follows the core principles of resilience, recovery and restoration. Our teams are committed to providing superior patient care that exceeds industry standards as well as patient expectations.
Success within a company doesn't just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization's goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
Responsibility for the strategic planning, managing, directing, coordinating and controlling the overall operations of behavioral health program and services. Provides leadership to ensure attainment of strategic objectives and the delivery of quality, economical health care services and other related lines of business. Coordinates and enforces program-wide policies and procedures that support the accomplishment of the behavioral health services' aims, objectives, and programs. Directs the short-range and long-range planning functions that develop goals, objectives, and strategic plans to ensure quality services and a financially sound program. Participates and manages the budget for the programs, allocates funds within the budget as directed by the VP, Finance Behavioral Health and ensures that the programs operate within the budget. Provides supervision to the leaders and staff in the designated programs.
*Maintains overall responsibility for all aspects of operations.
*Responsible for hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of all nursing staff.
*Participates in providing care as needed and ensures services are carried out and documented appropriately.
*Participate in on-call schedule accordingly.
*Assures that all policies established by the Governing Body are implemented appropriately.
*Directs the strategic planning and marketing for programs, with input from division leadership.
* Prepares and submits an annual budget for program as directed by VP, Finance Behavioral
Health, showing the expected revenue and expenditures as required by the board.
* In coordination with the board, the medical staff, and other finance personnel, responds to the
community's needs for quality health care services by monitoring the adequacy of the hospital's
* Oversees and provides direction to leadership regarding behavioral health programs' mission
and objectives, expected productivity and efficiency, establishing policies and procedure and
compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
* Consults with leaders on a regular basis; evaluates leadership competence and makes changes
as necessary; keeps lines of communication open; works with hospital leadership to foster high
employee morale and a positive work environment for employees.
* Ensures maintenance of physical properties in good and safe state of repair and operation.
* Presents to the hospital board, and/or the committees, periodic reports reflecting the services
and financial activities of the hospitals and such special reports as may be required by the
* Attends all meetings of the hospital board and committees.
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies and governing health care delivery and the
rules of accrediting bodies by continually monitoring behavioral program operations, programs
and physical properties, and ensuring changes where required.
* Ensures that programs maintain accreditation, licensing and quality patient care through the
establishment of performance improvement monitoring programs and standards.
* Reviews plans for the achievement of programs' specific objectives and established goals, and
periodically reviews, evaluates and updates such plans. Said plans shall at all times reflect the
hospital's mission statement.
* Ensures that the leadership team acts as effective liaisons between the hospital and the medical
staff; meets with and communicates with program and hospital medical staff as needed;
represents the behavioral health programs and hospital at external functions.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, word processing and
* Able to demonstrate knowledge of The Joint Commission, local, state and federal laws and
* Knowledge of general budgeting, accounting and management skills.
* Knowledge of cost reporting, profit and loss and budget compliance.
* Ability to work well with management teams and employees in a multi-site environment.
* Ability to spend a limited amount of time on travel.
* Approximate percent of time required to travel: Limited
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Professional Counseling
- Nursing preferred; Nursing - minimum Bachelor's degree preferred.
Licenses/Certification: Licensure in State of Practice
- 5 years of leadership experience.
- 7 years of experience in the discipline.